Saturday, August 16, 2008

Vacation Reminder

This is a reminder that we are closed the week of August 17th for our annual holiday. We will reopen for lunch on August 26th at 11:00am.

It's been an entire year since our last vacation and I am really looking forward to it! I need some down time, to get out of confines of the four walls of my restaurant, to actually leave the city limits of Winchester, to sleep past 7 in the morning, to spend more than five minutes in a fleeting conversation with my wife, to eat in other restaurants where some chef other than me is worrying about the menu, to watch my first movie in a year, to read a book for longer than two minutes, to splash water on my kids in the swimming pool, to actually browse some of those food and wine magazines that decorate our bar, to sit down to a meal, and finally dear customers, to have an entire week without seeing any of your smiling faces!

I may blog from the road, but I also reserve the right not to! I'm definitely not taking the laptop with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment