Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cream of Stinging Nettle Soup

Whew, it's been a busy few days leaving me scant time to blog. Lots of special menus, meeeting after meeting, etc. Here's a quick post about a funny from last night.

Making use of the local bounty of stinging nettles, we put a cream of stinging nettle soup on last night's menu as an appetizer. Flavorwise, it's similar to cream of asparagus or spinach.

After a deuce finished their dinner, they approached me on the way out of the restaurant and the woman said, "We have a funny story to tell you." They looked at each other and he said to her, "You go ahead."

"I've got to tell you," she said, "after the soup came to the table, my husband looked at me and asked, 'Where are the jellyfish?'" We all got a good chuckle out of that. I love people that can laugh at themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment