Monday, July 13, 2009

A Good Server is Hard to Find...

We've been looking for a new server here at the restaurant for months with no success. They are extremely hard to find. Not one in a hundred has the smarts and the customer service skills to handle our daily changing menu, vast wine list, picky (I mean this in the best sense of the word) and highly educated customers, and our demanding SOB of a chef (that would be me).

The server pool is really thin out here in the middle of nowhere Virginia. A case in point. Kenny and I went out for some sushi for lunch yesterday; he was already sitting at the bar when I arrived. As I approached the sushi bar:

Server: Can I get you something to drink?
Ed: A really, really big bottle of water.
Server: Seriously?

I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment