Saturday, January 17, 2009

Turn on the Global Warmer, Please!

Hey, whoever's in charge of the global warmer, could you turn it back on? Enough of this cold already. I know you Canadians and Russians and cold weather people are laughing at our idea of cold weather, but seriously, this is Virginia. If we wanted your weather, we'd come join you.

This weather is causing me two problems, well three actually, but only two are business related. Traffic, because of the weather, is at 10% of normal, which in January is already at 50% of normal. Can you say cashflow crunch? Second, our produce is getting hammered. Seventy-five percent of our produce order this morning arrived cold damaged—that's a nice way of saying frozen solid. So I guess we're scrambling for produce for today's menu. Another day; another challenge.

The third problem: my truck won't go into second gear when it's this cold. Fortunately, I live at the top of a hill, so shifting from first to third works.

1 comment:

  1. Cold damaged produce? I wonder if those could be carved to create something akin to ice sculpture...

    :)

    ReplyDelete