Saturday, June 28, 2008

Biodiesel: Sorry We Can't Help Much

While I was cooking lunch today, I remembered a phone call I received some weeks ago from a friend who has launched a new biodiesel operation to recycle waste oil from restaurants. He called me to ask if we could store our waste oil for him to pick up and recycle.

Nice thinking. But, he forgot one thing. We don't own a fryer here at One Block West. When I bought the restaurant, the first thing I did was to remove the existing fryer.

One Block West food is fresh and seasonal and doesn't involve deep frying, so I got rid of the fryer to underscore my commitment to provide healthy food for my customers.

At most, we might produce a quart or two of waste oil a week. That's not going to generate a lot of biofuel, but it just might help our customers stay healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment