Monday, June 30, 2008

Grilled Tuna, Asparagus, and Tomato Salad

Here's the first of the three recipes that I promised in my New PBS Shows post last week. The word recipe is quite overkill for the idea that I am about to dash off below. The following recipe serves two; I eat it frequently for lunch during asparagus season. Sadly, tomatoes and asparagus are not in season together, so that forces me to use grape tomatoes, which are a very good salad tomato and the only fresh tomato that we use at the restaurant except in August and September when the local tomatoes come in.

Grilled Tuna, Asparagus, and Tomato Salad

8-10 oz tuna
6-8 oz asparagus, blanched for 3-4 minutes
6-8 oz fresh tomatoes, diced
4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
juice of one lemon
extra virgin olive oil, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste

Grill the tuna to your liking. I like mine medium rare. At the same time, grill the asparagus. Cube the tuna, slice the asparagus, and add to a bowl with the tomatoes and feta. Squeeze the lemon over, mix well, and season with olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment